Monday, June 2, 2008

Tulsa Tough Omnium - Oklahoma Criterium Series 1

Day 1 of the Tulsa Tough

The race was a night race, so that made things interesting right from the start...We started with about 70 or 80 guys in the race. The course was a figure 8, but somewhat difficult due to the lights out. The race was only 50 minutes long, so it was quick!

The gun goes off and I can't get my left cleat in the pedal for the life of me...So I started in the back of the group...I raced with the GCCA (Gulf Coast Cycling Association) Team to try and win some cash money with a team...I moved to the front pretty quickly, the whole goal was to work for me and set me up for the win...As I'm going through the course, my back tire keeps skipping around the corner, so I'm trying not to lose it through each corner...

I get in a breakaway about 25-30 mins in to the race and it's going well...till this guy freaking walks out on the course and we almost nail the guy!! But we just barely miss him! 5 laps to go the group caught us and Joseph tells me, I got ya bro, don't worry...

2 laps to go we've made our way up to the front and I look up to see Joseph going off the front and no one is following him...I was like, what the heck?! lol The group doesn't respond and they aren't going any faster than he is...We're almost done with the race and he's still off the front! He ends up pulling off the win!! haha I ended up 22nd in the group.

End of Day 1...2 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment