Monday, May 26, 2008

Texas State Criterium Championships!!

I'm pretty beat up...my butt hurt from Saturday, sun burn from Sunday, and legs are sore...Time to suck it up!

We start out with 110 guys!! I started in the back, because everyone decided to line up 15 mins early!! what's up with that?!!

The race starts off fast! The announcer said 50 mins left, I was about to say, 50 secs for me! I'm toasted! I stuck it out! It was a weird race today, everyone was disorganized! No was working for anyone, it seemed. It was 5 laps to go, Kremke had flatted, he wasn't looking good...Ryan Wohlebe, crashed early on in the race...and there are 6 guys up the road! I'm sitting top 10...2 laps to go, Stefan Rothe is working his butt off to pull the breakaway back...1 lap to go, we get to the back side of the course and Wenger pulls off! what's going on here?! So just before the last turn everyone sat up, so I darted out!! Hitting the turn hard! I catch 3 of the guys in the breakaway, but just short of the other 3.

I take 4th place in the State Championships! Not back for a one man team out there!

Great weekend of racing! Tulsa Tough look out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment