Monday, May 26, 2008

Gary Glickman Criterium

Here we are, Texas State Crit weekend! It was a long boring drive out to Dallas that morning only to get in a race that was almost 100 degrees outside!!

We started out with about 70 racers, keep that in mind. The course was a up and down, hilly course, I wouldn't really call it a Crit course...You go around a building, down, then up and then down at 35 mph only to come to a complete stop, to 8 mph for a 180 turn and then back up the hill again!!

The race was going good, a few breaks went, but I just sat in and didn't do anything. It's about 45 mins in to the race and they open the feed zone, FINALLY! I thought I was about to pass out because of the heat. I didn't have anyone feeding me, so I saw a wonderful customer of mine in the crowd and signaled to him to GET ME SOME WATER!! Ahmed, saved my life!! Just before I got the feed I went down on the 180 turn, but was able to jump back on the back of pack, because they were all toasted!! haha

There was a Breakaway of about 5 guys and it splintered to about 2 and then Dave Wenger road away for the victory!

I finished out 17th, out of about 25 who finished!! We started with 70!! That's how hot it was!

Conclusion of Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment