Monday, May 26, 2008

GS Tenzing Crit

I'm feeling pretty good before the race, I mean, who wouldn't after having the best breakfast cooked for you by Corey's Mom! She is one heck of a cook!!

Corey and I checked out the Velodrome they have there in Dallas, it's pretty awesome! The banks on that track are insane!!

Gun goes off and they say, no feeding...YEA RIGHT! It's another hot and windy day. I had Corey and Taylor feeding me on the back side of the course. hehe

4 laps in to the race, Carlos Vargas goes, I go with and Brian follows us. Two San Jose guys and me in a break, we're joined by 5 others. We have a pretty stout breakaway here! Halfway through, we're 30 secs on the chase group! We just might hold'em off! We did, I think we ended up with about 45secs to a min gap on the chase group! We have 2 laps to go, Ryan Wohlebe, takes off, and I hesitate...Then Ian goes, then the group chases them down...1 lap to go, Ryan is still off the front! The group is blown up! I'm giving it all I have to catch Ian and Ryan, I barely miss Ian at the line and Ryan pulls off the win.

I end up 3rd! My best finish this year as a Cat 2! Whoop!!

End of Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment