Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Memorial Park Crit wk 3

What an Epic night! The clouds were rolling in and the skies were rumbling! This week is a pro week, a lot of pros are in town for the Amli Criterium this weekend in Austin. We had a La Grange and Successful Living guy from Cali, oh and Carlos Vargas decided to show too. The race started off with Travis B going off the front and setting the pace. Within 10 mins the La Grange guy went off the front with Kevin and I on his wheel. He pulled off the front and Kevin made a hard attempt and I just stayed on his wheel. Before I knew it, Kevin and I were all alone!! I was like, sweet!! I've always dreamed of this! We kept rotating and before we knew it, Carlos was bridging up to us! I was thinking...Freaking animal! We were rolling at 28mph already!

There you have it, the Trio tearing it up, Kevin, Carlos, and I...There's no catching us now! I was hurting pretty bad in the breakaway, I'm not going to lie...We had about a half a lap gap on the chase group. We had 1 lap to go and everyone took a pull, but on the backside...No one wanted to do anything...We were rolling at 10-13mph!! Kevin on the left, me in the middle, and Carlos on the right...Kevin comments, "I can do this all night boys"...The group was closing in fast! They were within 10 seconds!!! I was like...what the hell...I took off pulling the guys to the last corner and I pulled off to try to recover, but I was toast...I tried to jump on the back, but I couldn't hold on...

KK takes the win, Carlos 2nd, and Me 3rd.

Talk about working Lactic Threshold...We avg'd about 27mph and sorry can't share the wattage =)

Till next week Kevin!! Till Next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment