Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Super Week 17 days

Howdy!

I've been out of pocket for the past 21 days, so I haven't been able to post anything on here.

I was at the International Cycling Classic and Super Week Pro Tour up in Chicago and Wisconsin, which lasted for 17 days straight. I took 3 of those 17 days off.

I had a wonderful time racing up there, I will try and sum it up without boring you to death =)

The First race was a huge eye opener for me, I was just happy to finish the race, we averaged around 29mph for the first race for about 2.5 hours...The Weather was super hot and I ran out of water 40 miles in to the race with 20 more miles to go. I might have finished top 35.

Having the wonderful Kristen there, helped me finish the race, because I was ready to drop out.

I took 2 days off after that and did some sight-seeing with Kristen. I have never seen so much of a city in one day while enjoying every minute of it. If anyone ever wants to see every attraction of a city, take Kristen, she knows how it's done, and done right! =) Kristen and I were even able to fit in a Chicago Cubs game, which was a experience in itself. We had perfect weather the whole game and we even ate a CHICAGO DOG! haha It was so good! =P Too bad Harry Carey isn't around anymore, I think that would have been cool. "Let me hear ya everybody!"

Kristen flew back to H-Town and I continued my journey of cycling...

The next 3 days were tough, I got dropped in the next 2 races, which were the same course and then the 3rd day back, I finish like 50th...I was ready to go home...

We went up to Shorewood, WI and that's where I started to shine! I started to collect Bianchi Sprint points...The Bianchi SPrint points are points that you earn on laps 50, 40, 30, & 20. Only the top 7 can earn points and there is a Jersey for the overall leader. The Top 5 overall get paid out at the end of the event....

No comments:

Post a Comment