Monday, June 2, 2008

Tulsa Tough Omnium - Oklahoma Criterium Series 2

Day 2 of the Tulsa Tough

The race started off in the evening and the course was perfectly smooth! Thanks to the Oklahoma peeps, they repaved the roads just for the race! The crit was suppose to be a 70 min race but there was a nasty wreck in the Pro women's race before us, so we had to wait 10 mins for them to clear it, so it turned out to be 60 mins long.

The race was going really well, I felt good and I went off the front to only have the guy to ring the bell for a $100 prime lap, so I drove even harder to get the prime...only to have Nathan from VW to steal it from me right at the line...He later dropped out of the race like a jerk...

I sat up waiting for the group and sat in the group till the end...Joseph went for the $250 prime and just missed it...There was a 3 man breakaway up the road and I have yet understand how they got away from us...I tried to bridge up only for the 5 lap card to come out...I was getting closer and closer and got within 10 secs of the break...The group caught me with 1 lap to go, so I was pretty spent, so I got to the back of the group to rest...Halfway through the lap, I shot out the side and cut everyone off to get back to the front. Downhill to the finish and to the left and final stretch!! I finished out 12th in the field sprint...The 3 man break ended up staying away.

End of Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment