Thursday, June 5, 2008

Memorial Park Criterium Series Wk 1

It was a rather windy day at the first Memorial Park Crit race. The race started off at a good pace, not too fast. Bikebarn seems to be handing out jersey's to anyone who is a Cat 3 or better...We got about halfway through and I decided to see what everyone had in them, so I went to the front and started to hammer it for about 2 laps at about 28+mph...Then I hear, what I thought, a tire blow, but found out later it was my teammates carbon rim snapping in two places! haha Sorry jason.

We slowed up to make sure everyone was ok, then we picked the pace back up. There was 3 guys who got off the front and 2 of them were Bikebarn and the other was Greg from GCCA team. I tried pulling the group up to the breakaway and I pulled off to let someone else do the work, but Kremke made a smart remark, is that all you got strange?! and just smiled...I was like, am I the only one racing here?!

We never caught the break, I pulled the group to about 10 secs, but no one wanted to work. Greg ended up winning and it pissed Kremke off pretty bad...He was yelling at one of his teammates about it, so I chimed in and said...You should have done some work in the group Kevin, we might have caught the break =P he just looked at me like, you jerk...haha

I finish out in the top 15 I think, I didn't care about the finish, I just used this race as a hammer till I have nothing left and see who hangs on with me.

Till next week...I'll be getting ready for Super Week, which is in July, so no big June races for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment