Sunday, June 15, 2008

Memorial Park Criterium Wk 2

Another great training ride/race =)

We started off with about 40-50 racers. I sat in most of the first half of the race. About 30-40 mins in to the race I pulled hard for about 2 laps at about 28-30mph and won some pretty cool goggles for cycling? I don't know what they're for, I thought they were for swimming, but Kristen (friend of mine) made it clear they weren't swimming goggles....lol Anyhow, I shattered the field in to 2 groups after that long pull and we had about 10 guys in our breakaway and a nice 20 second gap with all the big dawgs! This break wasn't going to get caught!

Everyone took there pulls and nothing crazy happened in the Break. With 5 laps to go a Brandon and Ricky went off the front and I didn't react to the attack...Now they were 10-15 secs up the road and no one wanted to chase...Kremke on my wheel and everyone else sucking back there too....2 laps to go I tried to get Lowry to go, but he said he didn't "have anything left"...I waited with a lap to go then I attacked with about 3/4 of a lap to go...I was rolling at 37mph pulling Kremke with me, your welcome Kevin...We were closing on the breakaway fast! As we caught them just before the line, Kevin went flying by the break and I!

I finished out 4th, I couldn't come around the breakaway.

Till next week Kremke!

No comments:

Post a Comment