Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MATRIX CHALLENGE DAY 2

Thank you Momma Karen for being the best host ever known to mankind!!! You are by far the best cook too!! Thank you soooooo much!!!

Race Report:

Thank goodness we didn't have a hot 1st lap prime...Of course the race started off pretty quickly. I went for the first $100 prime and kept drilling it from there till we had a break going. I'm not sure how many people we started with, but the break grew to 12 guys and some BIG tymers in the break!! We had about a 30 second lead over the main group. For some odd reason people were attacking each other and no one wanted to work...Super Squadra even had 3 guys at one time in the break...So we were caught about halfway I think.

I tried going for multiple big time Primes, but missed each one. One of the primes was $300...yup...I missed that one too by 2 places...

My good buddy, Travis, started to lead me out with about 2 laps to go and was toasted about halfway through the last lap and I was 4th wheel. Wohlrabe was pulling, but he was toasted just trying to draft off Travis. Then the last lead out was Ian, he attacked on the last long straight and then I was swamped by 4-5 riders. I just tried to fight for position and took 5th place.

I wasn't too happy with my placing, but hey, I can't complain. I'm glad I stayed upright the whole weekend.

Till next time folks!

"Sugarland Criterium"

No comments:

Post a Comment