Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Texas State Criterium Weekend Day 1/2

I drove up to Dallas on Friday to enjoy a wonderful weekend with Momma Karen and the Ray family. They are truely amazing and I just want to thank you for everything Momma Karen does for cyclist!!



Day 1:



The first was Saturday and I decided to sit this one out. I was scoping out the competition to see who was wearing themselves down for the State Crit =P The key riders I saw who was riding strong was Craddock and Sol Frost. I think Europe is really paying off for Craddock, the kid is going to be pro in no time at all!



Dave Wenger took the win with his usual attack at the end and everyone let him go. My teammate for the weekend, Carlos Vargos finished 3rd.



Day 2:



This was the GS Tenzing Crit and it loops around a college near the Superdrome in Frisco. This course is pretty wide open with some nasty cross or headwinds.



I joined Barry Lee, Heath Blackgrove, and Carlos Vargas for the State Crit weekend on the Hotel San Jose Team. These guys are a great group of guys. About halfway through the race I noticed my tire was hoping in the corners...I thought I ran over a thumb tack or something and it was just stuck in there.

Heath got in to a 3 man breakaway with Ian Dille and Mitch Comardo. Heath rode away with the win, Carlos was 4th and I finished 15th. After the race I noticed my tire had a 'S' curve in the tire...I've never really seen that in a Continental 4000s tire...I was pretty disappointed with it. I should have won the pack sprint. Matrix Team had a pretty awesome train going, but no cigar.

State Crit Championship was the following day...

No comments:

Post a Comment