Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Texas State Crit Championships 2009

It seems like yesterday I was typing about the samething. As you can see from the photo, that was the 2008 State Crit Championships. I will be changing it soon.

It was a blistering day in Fort Worth, TX, as usual...Everyone decided they wanted to line up right as the Cat 3's finished, which was 15 minutes before the race actually started.

I kept rolling around and trying to stay warm. I chatted with the coach for a bit and started about mid-pack. As we were waiting for the call outs, Veggeburg (MS?), decides to start up, "lost that Lovin' Feeling" song...It was hilarious, just about everyone in the back joined in singing. Thanks Veggie, great icebreaker!

The race started off pretty quick as usual. Stefan Rothe went off the front solo for just about 20-30 or maybe longer, I couldn't remember. He racked in just about every Prime possible!! Great job Rothe!

He was finally pulled in and then TX Tough took over the front till attacks went off one by one. Carlos was in a break, it was pulled back, heath was in a break, pulled back.

With 5 laps to go, there was a 2 man break and Heath, the Motor, pulled that break back, another VW guy went off the front, Heath pulled him back with 4 laps to go...Then another VW guy went off the front and the Heath pulled him back too!!

Heath Blackgrove pulled back 3 different attacks with 5 laps to go and finally pulls off just before the last turn and yells, go Ronnie! I took off sprinting to lead Carlos out and I dive in to the last corner, but Chad Cagle cut me on the inside and I had to brake!!

Carlos was right next to him, so I was stoked! I just followed those two in and Carlos threw his bike just a bit further than Cagle and took the Texas State Crit Championship Win!! I finished 3rd. Not bad after a lead out!

1st Carlos Vargas
2nd Chad Cagle
3rd Ronnie Strange
4th Bryan Fawley
5th Kevin Kremke

Thanks again to all the promoters, volunteers, and officials!!

No comments:

Post a Comment