Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Racing Rapides - Alexandria, LA Day 2

Day 2 - Criterium

My legs felt kind of roasted from the solo bridging I attempted from yesterday. I had to help Travis win this Race! Time to suck it up! Travis had to win and Matt Davis had to get 3rd in order for Travis to win the Overall.

The Crit was only 60 minutes, so Travis and I decided to go from the gun and try and lap the field...Whistle blows, Travis is practically already in the first corner before I get clipped in!! haha

We hammer it for atleast 5 laps and just schredding the field! Travis and I have about a 30 second gap on the chase group of 8 guys with the pack 30 seconds behind following. After about 5 laps we were caught and everyone shut it down to 17mph...It was quite sad...

The race turned out to be a game of cat and mouse with WCC and LA'Sport...They had 6-7 guys, we had 2.5...I say 2.5 because Craig was only able to help pull a break back one time...Thanks Craig! Shawn and Eric dropped after the first 3 laps. They road hard.

Russ went on a solo flier with 10 minutes to go. He was half a lap up on the field...no one went with him...sad...With 2 laps to go, Kris French goes on a solo flier to try and get away from the field. We see Russ flatted with 2 laps to go...Sad for LA'Sport, now they have to pull Kris back.

Only one of there guys pulls and can't reel in Kris. I take over with 1 lap to go and Travis is on my wheel. I pulled Travis all the way to the end and we barely miss Kris at the line.

Results:
1st - Kris French
2nd - Matt Davis
3rd - Travis Burandt
4th - Ronnie Strange

Travis doesn't get the overall win. Tragic...Great weekend though

Overall Omnium:
1st - Matt Davis 55
2nd - Travis Burandt 45
3rd - Kris French 41
4th - Ronnie Strange 31

Thanks to the Promoter, Volunteers, and Officials for putting this event on. It was awesome!

I'm not sure what's to come...June seems to be a very slow month in racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment