Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MATRIX CHALLENGE DAY 1

I want to start off with thanking the Promoters, Officials, and Volunteers of this event!! Thank you guys/gals!! You were all amazing!! The event couldn't have gone any more smooth!!

Race report:

The race started off with a Hot Lap Prime, of $140. I told Travis I was going for it. After the 3rd turn, I dove down in turn 4 and got about "30 degrees from the ground", as Travis described it later. I exploded out of the turn and no one came with me. I took the Prime and I decided to keep on truckin'! 2 laps later they called a $100 Prime and I was still off the front by 20 seconds! First 3 laps I already had $240 cash!! Sweet way to start off the race!

A few attacks went off here and there. Peter Carey was off the front for awhile and they called a Pack $100 Prime...I'll take this one! I attacked just as they called it and I bridged up to Peter, to capture the Prime...$$$

After Peter and I were pulled back, Wenger, Sol, and Christian attacked and got in a breakaway. At that time there was a nasty wreck on the up hill section. I believe the rider broke his collarbone, hope you get to feeling better guy. John Trujillo was also in the wreck and he didn't look too good the next day...Get some X-rays John!

At the time they were driving in the Ambulance and I was for sure they were going to stop the race. While all this was going on, Stefan Rothe, bridged up to the breakaway. There you have it, the 4 man break that got away.

There were several guys trying to bridge across, but no cigar. A 6 man chase group formed late in the race and some how I missed it. With only 3 laps to go, I had to make a move and try to bridge across. I barely missed the chase group and they attacked with 1 lap to go, so I just tempo'd in to the finish and took 11th place.

Congrats to Stefan Rothe to his victory, who is also owner of http://www.rothetraining.com/. Great Guy!

End of Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment