Monday, February 2, 2009

Tour of New Braunfels Criterium 2009

The start of the 2009 Season has begun!!

I was very thankful to be able to stay with Misty's Parents house in New Braunfels with Shawn and Misty. Thank you VERY much for your hospitality!! I'm looking forward to seeing the new house for next year!

Race Report:
The race got off to a pretty slow start, of course you have your attacks off the front. Somehow Kremke and Mr. Frost were able to stay away for almost the entire race! With about 30 mins left in the race we were 45secs back from the breakaway. So I got on the front and started to pull the breakaway back. I got it down to 20-25 secs, I believe. Then everyone sat up again. I think John Trujillo helped me out some, thanks John! After that I just sat in till the end.

As the pace picked up the last 3 laps, Travis, my teammate, went off the front and the pack started to get a little crazy, people were firing off the front trying to bridge up graps.

BELL LAP!!
Kremke and the 2 other guys in the breakaway were in eye sight!! Wenger pulled the group to about the last 500m mark and then Drew from San Jose dropped the hammer to lead EVERYONE out! We caught the Breakaway with 250 meters to go!! Josh Carter comes flying around me, he found a good gap, I went chasing after him and took 2nd place!

Cooled down with Matt Seagrave, Trevor, Andy, and Travis...We picked up Drew, but I think he wanted water and we never saw him again...Nice 3.5 hours in that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment