Monday, February 2, 2009

New Braunfels Grand Prix Road Race

Day 2 in New Braunfels.

Very beautiful WINDY day. We had 5 laps of 15 miles each lap. Travis and I talked about shredding the field going in to the cross wind of the 2nd lap. That we did...

The 2nd lap rolled around and the Pain Train rolled in! Travis and I put everyone in to the gutter, he and I just rotated...The wind was blowing from the left, so you would hear, move left! It wasn't going to happen! We kept hammering it till it was down to about 15 guys...pretty much only the strong survived!

On the 3rd lap, I pulled just about 3/4 of the lap, Travis pulled some, but he was kind of hurting...He was sick all week.

The 4th lap came and about 4 guys went off the front and we let them get up the road by a minute. At this point, I was just happy to still be with the group...my legs were TOASTED...

The 5th lap, Kremke took off and took another guy with him. Wenger, Brian Jones, Erik Benz, Josh Carter, Mitch, and another guy, were all left behind. As we approached the feed zone, wenger, mitch and erik attacked and I was DONE! The rest of us just coasted it.

Congrats Kremke on the win. I finished out 12th out of 22 that finished...We started with about 70 riders...

See ya next week at the Alsation Omnium!

No comments:

Post a Comment