Monday, February 9, 2009

Alsatian Omnium Day 1 Time Trial

An Omnium is like a Stage Race, but it's based off points, not time. So you could skip out on one event and almost win the whole Omnium.

Time Trial:

The wind was blowing 20-30 mph out of the Southeast on the 10 mile Time Trial Course. So on the way out, I didn't push it too hard, I only averaged about 33mph...I should have went faster going out. I was pretty conservative on the way out.

Coming back, I struggled to get the bike over 20 mph...fighting a cross head wind on the way back was rough! I was able to hold 23-24 after awhile, but it wasn't enough to even place in the top 10. I finished 22nd in the TT, which I wasn't very happy with, but for not riding on the bike all winter break, I can't complain.

I was glad that was over. Dave Wenger won with a time of 20:15 and I rode a 21:50. My Teammate Travis Burandt placed 3rd, which was awesome.

Race 1 over. Crit was later that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment