Monday, March 30, 2009

Pro Racing: Vol 2

Redlands Classic Stage Race:

Once again, over in Redlands, CA. All the Domestic Pro team were here racing and wrecking shop! BMC brought there A game for this race! Even Floyd Landis was here racing in Redlands.

Prologue was the first race, 5K Time Trial: It was rolling hills for about 3.5K and straight uphill for 1.5K Not my cup of tea, but hey, what don't hurt you, makes you stronger!

Stage 1: Circuit Race: This was a 155Km road race. It was a very windy day and on the roll out, we were strolling at a nice 45+mph...that's right, 45+mph!! It was crazy fast! One thing I did love about this race was being able to draft off the team cars following like you see in the Tour De France! haha Not legal, but hey, who cares right?! I got dropped of the first climb, I dont' know what happened, I just went backwards! I did catch back on the second lap, thankfully everyone wanted to take a pee break. On the 3rd lap, I was dropped again on the climb...I tried to bridge back up, but i couldn't do it...the pace was blistering! I managed to make the time cut by 3 minutes!! haha unfortunely, only one other teammate of mine made the cut too and the others were cut or dropped. Josh, my teammate, T'd a car in an intersection...the cop let the cars go...he was ok though, just cut his nose. Felt, cracked in half though.

Stage 2: criterium: BMC controlled this race from the gun and finished 1st and 3rd...Pretty impressive! Avg'd about 29mph for the 90 min crit. I finished 51st.

stage 3: Sunset Loop: this race was UP and down...enough said about that one...Dropped from the group in the first lap...managed to finish 8 laps then lapped by the leaders. only 2 guys made it to the finishing loop of the race...We started with about 160 riders...Tells you anything about the course...

It was a wonderful weekend. I was very happy with the result...I came to Redlands to finish the race and that's what I did. Next year will be another story. i finished 98th GC Overall. I'm pretty stoked about that. Also, I beat Floyd Landis!! Not too many peeps can say that!

I would like to thank our WONDERFUL Host Tammy for putting up with us guys for a week!! She was a VERY wonderful lady and host!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for the hospitality!!

Till Next time! Fort Davis aka Hammerfest is next weekend.

2 comments:

  1. dude, that's incredible! Way to follow your dream buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, that's freaking awesome! Way to follow your dream buddy

    ReplyDelete