Monday, March 30, 2009

So I've been traveling the West Coast a bit and doing some pretty intensive racing, if you've been following me on Twitter, then you already know what's been going on.

San Dimas Stage Race:

The race was stacked with just about every Domestic Pro team in the U.S. San Dimas was my first Pro Stage race. It started off with a 3.8 mile uphill time trial...I'm not much of a Climber and I'm starting to accept that with every hill I climb, but I'm letting it get me down. If I want to be a international Pro, I'll have to learn to make those climb with little effort and learn to make time cuts to make it till the end of a Stage race.

When the Road Race came around the next day, I felt ok, I was still sluggish from the Gila training the week before. I had just met the teammates for Ten Speed Drive also. Our goal was to try and set me up for the Sprint Points...I was lucky to even be at the front of the group. Fly V Australia Pro team got on the front of the group and shredded the field! Off the back, Ten Speed Drive!! Travis was the only guy on the team to make it with the front group. We got to the last lap and the officials cut us. It was quite sad, we had more than 12 guys in our group and about 5 of them wanted to work. All which were from our team.

Travis did really well and made the time cut and raced the Criterium, but had to pull out after 40 mins and didn't realize he should have got pulled from the officials to get a result. Live and you learn.

I think the new Ten Speed Drive team has great potential, we all have different views on things, but that's what makes a good team. There is one thing I think we lack, and it's Leadership. I think the team has a great director and I really like the passion he has to help out his team in trying to become Professional Cyclist. It's a long season and I see some great results in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment