Thursday, October 16, 2008

BTU Power Pedal Mountain Bike Race

This Mountain bike was in my town of College Station, aka Aggieland! Well, it was actually at Lake Bryan, but who cares! =)

I went up to Lake Bryan, Friday morning to pre-ride the course and I taco'd my front wheel in a sandtrap!! lol So that ended my precious little Pre-ride...That was 30 minutes in to the ride.

I went to the local bike shop and they said they couldn't fix it...Too bad for them, they will never get referrals from me...I went back to Houston and got my awesome mechanic Ira to fix it, He and I are the only two that can touch my bikes, unless I go pro =) He got the wheel all straightened out, or the best he could do...

RACE!

I stayed with lovely Family friends of mine, Kirk Pearcy and his wonderful wife Natalie. They took care of me like I was one of their own!

The race started around 11am...I started off 2nd in to the single track, then we hit the levy and I took off like a cannon!! No one wanted to go with me! I was 30 secs up on the group by the start of the next single track and I never saw the group again.

The course was very nice! I heard it rained the previous day, so that helped alot for all the sand that is usually there. I kept running in to the Single speeders and 2 of the guys wouldn't let me pass for like 5 mins...I got pissed after awhile!

I won by 3 minutes and got a bunch heckling from the Expert riders who knew me, they all wanted to me cat up...Not till I win the series guys!

Ruston Mountain Bike Race is next week.

Next time we'll try and get Albert Einstein!! (Harry Carey) So long!

No comments:

Post a Comment